Sunday, November 23, 2008

Best Biscotti


I actually found this recipe in the Womans Day magazine while at work and forgot about it. I was flipping through my binder of recipes and decided to make them today. They are so good.. I did not use the "add-ins" that they suggest. Instead, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed walnuts and in the other "log" I added some mint chocolate chips. Both turned out great!
I looked it up on the website, so there is a link to the recipe.

INGREDIENTS

3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1⁄4 tsp baking soda

Add-ins:
1⁄2 cup each shelled pistachios and chopped dried apricots, OR

1 grated ginger and 1 cup dried cranberries, 1 Tbsp grated orange zest and 1 cup dark chocolate chips

Drizzle: Melted white or semisweet chocolate, and white sprinkles (optional)

PREPARATION

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat first six ingredients in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until combined. Add your choice of flavors and mix together. Divide dough in two; roll each half into a 12-in.-long log. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, 3 in. apart. Bake 25 minutes.

2. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes (cool orange-chocolate completely). Cut logs into 1⁄2-in.-thick diagonal slices, place slices upright on baking sheet and return to oven. 10 to 12 minutes until pale golden. Cool completel

1 comment:

Maryanna said...

Those look gorgeous! This is on my list to make for the holidays.