Sunday, November 23, 2008

Peach-a-Berry Pie


Peach-a-Berry Pie


I had taste for pie and some cans of peaches and strawberries in the cabinet and remembered that I saved this recipe a long time ago from Allrecipes.com

It was really good, so easy to make and I will make it again in the summer when I can get my hands on fresh peaches and raspberries.
I did not have raspberries, but the strawberries tasted just as good in this recipe.

Ingredients:
4 cps fresh peaches-peeled, pitted and sliced ( I used 1 can of sliced peaches)
1 cup fresh raspberries ( I used a can of strawberries)
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 (9inch) pie crusts
2 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into pieces
1 tsp coarse granulated sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F
2. Place peaches and berries in a colander for about 15 minutes to drain any excess fluid, then transfer to large bowl. Gently toss with sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Transfer to a pie crust. Dot with butter and top with remaining crust. Cut vents into top crust and sprinkle with sugar.
3. Bake 45minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is golden brown.

No comments: