Saturday, November 29, 2008

Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken

Okay .. so I have to keep better track of my recipes and who I get them from because I am not able to give credit to people. This recipe does come from someone's blog, but is also from a cookbook "101 more Things to do with a slow cooker" by Stephanie Ashcraft.

My husband actually put the chicken together and started up the crock pot, so big props to him. Ha Ha...

The dish turned out really good and I just bought some Adobo Mexican rice or maybe it was Spanish rice in a box to go along with the meal and some tortilla chips.

Ingredients:

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I used about 6)
1 cup chicken broth ( I just used the whole can
1 cup salsa
1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
1 can (15oz) black beans, drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Place chicken in greased slow cooker. Pour broth, salsa, corn, beans and taco seasoning over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
**** I actually seasoned the chicken the night before with salt, pepper and some paprika. My husband also said that he mixed the ingredients together before pouring over the chicken. ****

Remove chicken and place on serving dish. Stir sour cream and cheese into sauce, then pour over chicken. Serve with warm tortillas and Spanish rice.

** I took the chicken out after 6 hours and it was already falling apart.. so it probably requires less cooking time**

No comments: